If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation. However, the claims process is not simple, and as such, it is extremely important that you seek the assistance of an experienced lawyer.

What should you do following an accident?

  1. Make sure you and any other people involved in the accident are safe. If urgent medical attention is required, call 000;
  2. Exchange details with the other driver – registration number, name, address;
  3. Take photos of the car(s) involved if possible;
  4. Report the accident to police as soon as possible;
  5. Seek medical treatment as required;
  6. Write down what happened;
  7. Contact a lawyer to seek advice.

Why should you contact a lawyer?

Personal injury claims can be extremely complicated and motor vehicle accident claims are no exception.

By using the services of a lawyer you can ensure:

  1. The correct claim forms are submitted;
  2. The correct information is provided to the insurer;
  3. You are properly aware of your entitlements;
  4. You receive proper compensation.

What type of injuries are covered?

Claims can be made for pretty much any type of injury including whiplash, fractures, strains, bruising and psychological injuries.

Sometimes injuries are apparent immediately after the accident, sometimes, they may not be apparent for several days or sometimes weeks following an accident.

No matter the type or severity of injury, it is worthwhile talking to a lawyer to see if a claim can be made!

What can you be compensated for?

Depending on the nature and severity of injury, and your personal circumstances, you may be eligible to receive compensation for:

  1. Pain and suffering;
  2. Wage loss;
  3. Medical expenses;
  4. Care and assistance.

How can Baker Deane & Nutt help you?

BDN has been assisting its clients with legal issues, including personal injury, for over 160 years. Our experienced practitioners can answer your questions, address your concerns and guide you through the personal injury claims process.

If you or somebody you know has suffered been involved in a motor vehicle accident, there is no harm in contacting us for advice. We offer no win no fee services and your first consultation is free.

You can contact us by phone or email today either at our Queanbeyan or Canberra City locations.

PHONE: (02) 6230 1999

PHONE: (02) 6299 3999