To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
• A genuine and positive regard for people
• the capacity to build client relationships and maintain a positive team environment
• Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
• A strong work ethic
• The capacity to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
Experience in working in a regional practice and in property law, while not essential, would be an advantage.
We will also consider new law graduates with the rights attributes for the solicitor position.
About the opportunity
BDN has offices in both Canberra and Queanbeyan and provides the full range of legal services. We act for clients in the NSW Supreme, District and Local Courts, the ACT Supreme and Magistrates courts, all Federal courts and NSW and ACT tribunals. We routinely work with counsel in both Canberra and Sydney.
This varied role will see you:
• Work on a broad range of legal matters, including but not limited to property, conveyancing, planning and sub-divisions;
• Representing clients in a variety of courts and tribunals;
• Building close working relationships with clients;
• Working within an experienced and cohesive team of legal practitioners and support staff.
BDN is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with us.